Thursday, January 21, 2010

Day 21

This was on fire a few weeks ago while we were in town
but I never knew about it until we saw it on the news. :(

I had to wait a while for them to wake up and start moving around.
I think it was worth it.
They are a fruit bat or flying fox very noisy and they stink a bit,
if you are lucky to have fig trees then they will come and eat all the figs
and get pissed on the fermented ones
and then crap all over your car and eat away at the paint.
We don't have any near us these guy are about 100km away. :)
There is about a hundred just hanging about in three trees grouped together
with inter twining branches.



3 comments:

  1. I wish you would have rotated the top image just a bit to straighten it as the shapes make for a cool abstract.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cool bats! It's great that one has its wing open and that the light is shining through. Love the drunken bats story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! I don't think I've ever seen a pic of bats like this, outdoors in daylight. Great capture!

    ReplyDelete